Monday, January 29, 2018

The Musical Theatre Tag


When I first started this blog over a year ago, I did a little thing called The Theatre Tag. I thought it would be cool then so that my readers could get to know me better. Since it has been over a year since that post went live and I have been exposed to more musicals, I thought I would do The Musical Theatre Tag.

Plays or Musicals?

I honestly enjoy both, but I love singing songs with lots of character portrayed in them so I have to go with Musicals

When did you start liking the performing arts?

When I was in 7th grade, over six years ago.

Ever been in a musical?

I have been in a few musicals, and I loved every second of it.

What was the first musical you saw on Broadway?

I have not seen any musicals on Broadway, nor have I been to New York. I hope to go there one day.

If you could be any female character in any musical who would you be?

Probably either Joanne or Mimi from Rent.

Which male character?

I would really like to be either Mark from Rent or William Shakespeare from Something Rotten!

Favorite musical song to sing in the shower?

Currently it is "Out Tonight" from Rent, but I also enjoy singing "Another Day" from Rent and "Easy as Life" from Aida.

Who is your favorite theatre actress?

This is really hard. I would probably say either Idina Menzel or Tracie Thoms.

Actor?

Definitley Adam Pascal, Anthony Rapp and Jeremy Jordan.

Favorite film adaptation of a musical?


Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd and Rent. Also Mary Poppins, but the movie came out before the stage adaptation.

What do you think is the most overrated musical?

Lots of people I went to high school with really like 13, but I don't necessarily get the hype. It is a good musical, but the music is not for me.

What musical made you cry?


Rent, it still does.

What musical made you laugh?


Something Rotten! I was laughing so hard when I saw it.

Are there any musicals you saw and hated

I feel like there probably has been, but I don't remember. I tend to like most shows.

What musical do you want to see as a film?


Hamilton, Wicked, Something Rotten!, and Bare: A Pop Opera.

Which musicals are you dying to see?

Hamilton (which I am seeing in February), Book of Mormon, and Dear Evan Hansen
What is your all-time favorite musical?

Rent, if you couldn't already tell from my previous answers.

What would you do if theatre didn't exist?

I don't even want to think about that. So much in my life wouldn't have happened. I wouldn't have met some of my amazing friends if theatre didn't exist. I have grown so much because I am a theatre kid and I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world.

I tag all of my readers to do this tag. Leave in the comments of this post your answers because I would love to know.



Instagram: @The_Theatre_Corner
Twitter: @Theatre_Corner

No comments:

Post a Comment